What is a Premium Domain and why does it cost more?
Premium domains are flagged as such by the registry. These are high demand names that are likely already registered but are available for purchase on the domain name aftermarket. Premium domains costs more because they is listed for sale by a private seller and vetted by industry experts to ensure their value. Once registered, your premium domain acts as a normal domain registration with regards to management and annual renewal fees.
Premium domains are valuable for the following reasons:
- They contain generic terminology and keywords
- They are short and easy to remember
- They are of interest to a wide selection of prospective customers or businesses
- They support SEO and SEM strategies
- They support brand & marketing strategies